Skip to Main Content


Prior University of Alaska Southeast students who have not taken classes in at least two years.

Important Deadlines

Deadline DateDeadline Description

Summer Semester Application Deadline


Fall Semester Application Deadline


Spring Semester Application Deadline

University of Alaska Scholarship Deadline

Apply for Admission

Prior UAS students who have not taken classes in more than two years must reapply for admission.

Application Fees: $40 Associate or Certificate; $50 Bachelor. Application fees are non-refundable.

Returning students with 30 or more semester (45 quarter) college level credits:

  • have a college level GPA of at least a 2.00; and
  • left UAS in good standing.

Returning students with fewer than 30 semester (45 quarter) college level credits:

  • have a college level GPA of at least a 2.00; and
  • left UAS institution in good standing; and
  • meet the requirements listed in the freshman admissions section.

Please note that returning students who have a GPA below a 2.00, or who were academically disqualified from their previous UAS program will be individually reviewed and may be admitted on probation.

College Transcripts: If you have taken college classes outside of the University of Alaska system, have your previous college or university send an official copy of your transcript. You do not need to request transcripts from any University of Alaska campus (Anchorage, Fairbanks, Southeast, or other branch campuses), or resubmit transcripts you have submitted to another UA campus.

How to Submit Transcripts:


UAS Admissions Office
11066 Auke Lake Way
Juneau, AK 99801

Tel: (907) 796-6100
Fax: (907) 796-6002


Novatney Building, Second Floor
11066 Auke Lake Way
Juneau, AK 99801
Ziegler Building
2600 Seventh Ave
Ketchikan, AK 99901
UAS Sitka Campus
1332 Seward Ave
Sitka, AK 99832

For full admission, UAS requires official copies of final transcripts. To be considered official, transcripts must be mailed/emailed directly from the school or college, or from a transcript request service. If you bring your transcript to a UAS campus in person, it must be in a sealed envelope from the school or college.

Elementary or Special Education: Education majors will be working in schools with young children. To be admitted to either major, you must submit an Interested Person Report on yourself. If you are currently working in a school and have a background check on file, have your school send a copy directly to the UAS Admissions Office.

Outdoor Skills and Leadership Certificate: Additional requirements include a physical, a resume or list of relevant experience/skills/certifications, and letters of recommendation: Outdoor Skills and Leadership Certificate Requirements

Former University of Alaska Southeast undergraduate students returning to the university after a minimum of three years can petition to begin a "Fresh Start" Grade Point Average (GPA).

To do so, contact the Admissions Office when you apply, and submit a Petition for a Fresh Start. The university will then admit you on academic probation. When you complete 12 academic credits with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher, the university will approve the petition. If you do not, the university will not approve the petition, and will remove you from your degree program.

If approved, the university will exclude all previous UAS grades and credits from consideration for your GPA, degree, or graduation requirements. This is an all or nothing policy – you cannot exclude some grades and credits while keeping others. Your old grades will remain on your transcript, but the university will not use them to calculate your cumulative GPA. Your transcript will also state that your cumulative GPA is a Fresh Start GPA.

The university will not allow credit by examination for courses lost through use of this policy. If you elect to begin a Fresh Start, you cannot qualify for certificate or degree-based honors but you can qualify for semester-based awards.

You may only begin a Fresh Start once.

Contact the Admissions Office when you apply at (907) 796-6100, or