Skip to content
Join the Housing group on Facebook
 Scroll To Top

See the Apply tab on the Housing website. You will need to submit the following documents in addition to completing the online application:

  1. Complete the Student Housing Application and Agreement
  2. Immunization records, to include the results of a TB skin test taken within 12-months of your housing application. Please see additional information under the "Apply" section regarding "positive” TB test results, as well as specific immunization records required.
  3. $25 application fee
  4. $300 Housing deposit

Yes! UAS Student Accounts works with a vendor called Tuition Management Systems to allow for installment payments to be made at various schedules—3, 4, or 5 months payment schedules. Contact them through  For more information, you can also contact UAS Student Accounts directly at 907-796-6267

In our resdence halls, both John Pugh Hall and Banfield Hall, there are two bedrooms in each suite. Two people share one bedroom, so in one suite you would be sharing a living space and bathroom with three other people. John Pugh Hall suites provide a shared entryway with a full-sized refrigerator, microwave, and cabinetry. Banfield Hall suites provide a shared entryway with a full-sized refrigerator. In both residence halls, community kitchens with oven/stove ranges, microwaves, and counter and cabinet space to access basic dishware and prepare meals. Additionally, both residence halls have several common areas for studying or socializing. 

In a four-bedroom apartment, you would share the unit with three other people—each with his/her own private bedroom.  Apartments have fully furnished living rooms, dining areas, and kitchens with standard appliances. All units have one shared bathroom, with separate shower/toilet areas to facilitate simultaneous use of the room. 

In a two-bedroom apartment, you would share a bedroom with one other person, with four total occupants in the unit. Apartments have fully furnished living rooms, dining areas, and kitchens with standard appliances. All units have one shared bathroom, most units offer separation between with shower, toilet and countertop areas to allow for simultaneous use of the room.

Private bedroom requests: A resident may request to have a private bedroom within the residence halls or in the two-bedroom apartments; however, our ability to honor such requests depends on the availability of space and the resident’s willingness to pay the private bedroom additional rate. Be sure to indicate on your housing application that you are interested and willing to pay the additional private bedroom rates.

Roommate conflicts happen, but residents are expected to work to communicate with roommates and establish shared expectations for conduct and chores within the suite or apartment. Conflicts should be addressed and resolved as adults, and assistance in conflict mediation can be requested of any Community Advisor (CA). Check out our policies for more information about roommate relations.

Bed size is twin extra-long. These are not standard twin bed dimensions and proper sized bedding is recommended for purchase.

Yes. Be sure to buy the twin extra-long size. Twin size sheets will fit, but must be stretched a lot and usually tear. Full is too wide. If you are shopping for bedding, most stores will have a “college” area where you can find twin extra-long bedding. You will also need a pillow. Mattress pads or foam toppers are available purchase options for comfort, but are not provided by Housing.

Cable service is not provided within the units; however, the bedrooms of Banfield Hall and the apartment units are cable-ready. If you wish to purchase cable, you have to go through a local cable company and set it up. As with extra phone services, the cable company will bill you directly.

The Housing Lodge has a flat screen TV and cable/DVR unit that is available to all Housing residents.

Many students bring TVs, gaming stations, and other electronic devices for entertainment purposes. The University provides free wireless internet access which many students use for watching programs on computers and other devices, i.e. tablets, Rokus, Apple TVs, etc. Please read our Wireless Devices Policy for information on specific device usage and information as to what usage is prohibited.

 Having your own computer is definitely handy! Most students will arrive with a computer as they are useful to have in classes. 

However, the UAS Library also provides computer access. The Library is in easy walking distance of John Pugh Hall and is ideal for residents of that building who need computer access.

Both campus and housing provide free wireless Internet access.

Residence Halls (not apartment units) are equipped with Ethernet hookups ports, if needed. Cables are not provided.

In residence halls, both John Pugh Hall and Banfield Hall, each room has two desks, two wardrobes or closets depending upon location, and two beds. The entry way has a full size refrigerator which is shared between all four residents of the suite, and John Pugh Hall entry ways addtionally have a microwave and cabinetry available. 

In two and four-bedroom apartments, each student space has a desk with a bookshelf and one drawer, a dresser with three drawers, and a twin extra-long twin bed. Two-bedroom apartment unit bedroom have two sets of furniture pieces to accomodate the potential of two residents in the same bedroom. Each resident has their own closet. Each living room has a coffee table, side table, bookcase, sofa, loveseat, and chair. Each dining area has a table with four wooden chairs. The kitchens are equipped with oven/stove ranges, microwaves, and a full-size refrigerator.

Yes! However, please see Housing Policies for a more comprehensive list of appliances that are permitted or prohibited in housing. 

For Residence Hall residents, microwave dishes are good to have. A few plates, bowls, and silverware are the basic necessities for residence hall life, though you are free to bring pots and pans for cooking and baking in the communal kitchen. There are a limited amount of dishes and utensils provided for in the residence hall communal kitchens, but it is a good idea to bring your own. 

In the apartments, there is a shared kitchen available, but housing does not provide any kitchen appliances, dishes, or utensils; so it’s usually a good idea to bring your own dishes, silverware, pots and pans, and other utensils for cooking.

All unit types—Residence Hall suites and the apartments—offer private bathroom accommodations within the unit. Though the actual configuration may vary unit to unit, each should provide a shower enclosure (2-bdr apartments have tubs), toilet, and counter space with double sinks. Most units offer separation between with shower, toilet and countertop areas to allow for simultaneous use of the room.

We encourage residents to make their space their home away from home; however, we strongly discourage decorations of drug and alcohol paraphernalia. Such items will be confiscated upon discovery. We recommend using tape or other non-damaging adhesive products and discourage the use of tacks and nails to put up posters, pictures, and any other decorations on the wall as any holes may be considered damage and result in a housing charge.

Yes! Filling out a work order is easy. Go to a Student Housing desk location and let them know what's going on. They'll give you a work order sheet to fill out, and once submitted, we'll fix the issue. If it's something urgent, such as a water issue, a heat issue, or the locks on your doors aren't working, a Student Housing professional staff will try and remedy it the same day the work order was placed.

Yes. Parking permits are required to park in the student housing parking lot and violators will be ticketed and/or towed. Additional permitting fees may apply.

Fish are generally the only pets allowed in housing (10 gallon tank limit).  For more information, please see our Housing Policies online.

Residents are expected to store their personal belongings within their units. The apartment units provide ample closet space and each has its own storage room.

Yes, although weapons are not allowed in residential units under any circumstances. This includes paintball guns, air soft guns, and BB or pellet guns. We require that residents ask Student Housing professional staff prior to bringing any item onto campus. We offer a secured storage for weapons. Please check our policies for what weapons can be stored in the weapons storage and our weapons storage guidelines.

Room placements for the Fall semesters are generally done in early July. Room placements for the Spring semester are generally done in December.

Room assignments are subject to change and may not be the same upon check-in as on the placement letter sent to you, so you will meet your roommates upon your arrival in Juneau. Please note that the release of information about roommates can only be given if the other parties have given us permission to do so.

Yes! Once you receive your placement from Student Housing, you can then start mailing items to either John Pugh Hall or to the apartments/Banfield Hall.

The address for John Pugh Hall is:

First Name Last Name

11090 Auke Lake Way

Juneau, AK 99801

The address for Apartments/Banfield Hall is:

First Name Last Name

4300 University Dr

Juneau, AK 99801

Yes! All Housing residents have access to laundry facilities in Housing. John Pugh Hall has a dedicated laundry facility on the second floor. Banfield Hall has a dedicated laundry facility on the first floor. For apartment residents, laundry facilities are located on the ground floor of the Housing Lodge.

All Housing laundry facilities use funds on your student ID card to operate. You may load funds via debit card, credit card, or cash onto your card for laundry use at Housing Desk locations, at Student Accounts, or via automated machines located in John Pugh Hall and the Housing Lodge.

A Housing application is a legal contract agreement. If you no longer plan on living in Housing, you must notify us by completing a cancellation form. 

Cancellation forms are available on the "Apply" link of the Housing website. 


Content maintained by Housing and Residential Life. Feedback Form