The Student Accounts Office is responsible for billing and collection of student tuition and fees. We are dedicated to providing quality services to students, parents, faculty and staff. Please stop by, call or email us with your questions. We are located on the first floor of the Ziegler Building.
Always check the academic calendar for important dates and deadlines!
Registration is not complete until payment is made. Students must submit one or more of the following forms of payment:
- A completed financial aid package (including all required supporting paperwork),
- Personal payment through UAOnline with a credit or debit card or call us at 228-4530 or 1-888-550-6177 (in AK)
- An account with Tuition Management Systems or
- A letter of authorization from an agency.
Check the academic calendar for proof of payment deadlines. Payment & refund deadlines vary for short-term courses. Students not submitting proof of payment by the deadline will be dropped for nonpayment.
Refunds are issued when a student drops a class within the "drop period". See the academic calendar for important refund and drop or withdraw deadlines. If you have questions please call (907) 228-4530 or email email@example.com.
Financial Aid Refund
Refunds to students for financial aid are generated after aid is received and all charges have been paid. Refunds can take up to two weeks to process and are not available for pickup until after the second week of class.
All approved financial aid/scholarship information is reflected on the billing statements. If you are awarded additional scholarships after the billing statements are e-mailed out, you should contact the Student Accounts Office to request a new bill. If you are a sponsored student and your tuition or fees will be paid by an independent third party or university department, please contact Julia Guthrie at (907) 228-4530.
Petitions for a Tuition Refund
Petitions for refund of university financial obligations may be granted when a student has been physically disabled, has experienced a death in the family, or has other extenuating circumstances. Written documentation of the condition is required along with an appeal form. All petitions must be turned into the Business office in the Ziegler Building or mailed or faxed to 2600 7th Ave, Ketchikan AK 99901, (907)225-3624. Petitions are reviewed only if documentation of circumstances is provided. Petitions are reviewed only after a student has officially withdrawn from the course(s). After the fourth week of the semester, verification of attendance and participation is required from each instructor. Petitions must be filed by the last day of instruction for the term for which the petition is filed.
Electronic deposit of financial aid and refunds directly to your bank account is available and will allow:
- Access to your funds sooner.
- No waiting for a check in the mail.
- Safe and secure funds transfer direct to your bank account.
- Receive e-mail notifications to your University email address when refund is deposited in bank account.
- Easy to use. Enroll Online.
Once you setup your bank information online (checking or savings), all future refunds and financial aid will be deposited directly to your bank account within 3-4 days of the University processing a payment.
The initial setup is simple and will only have to be done once during your life as a UA student unless you change banks or wish to no longer participate in direct deposit.
You will be notified via UA e-mail when the setup is complete, when a deposit is processed and any time changes are made to your direct deposit bank information.
To learn more about Direct Deposit, click on "Information on Direct Deposit Services" on UAOnline home page (prior to logging in to Secured Area).
To setup direct deposit, sign on to UAOnline Secured Area, then:
- Click on Student Services; Financial Aid & Account Information.
- Click on Direct Deposit Services.
- Click on First time setup of direct deposit (take note of the other options available here once you have initially setup direct deposit).
- Follow the instructions on how to enter your bank information. Be sure to confirm your account number with your bank.
- Click "Submit" button.